Overthinking and negative thinking are bad habits just like any other. Toxic thoughts impact our immune system, energy levels, and overtime can snowball into high levels of anxiety and depression. Meditation alone is perhaps the most powerful tool we have to increase mental and physical well-being, but to many of us, quieting the mind and relaxing the body during mediation is not as simple as it sounds.
Cannabis and meditation both help lower stress, increase patience, and strengthen our ability to connect to others.
While knowing our sober mind is important, cannabis can assist us to reach a powerful meditative state.
An uplifting Sativa, like Lemon Skunk, focuses and refreshes your mind in morning meditation. For an evening reflection, seek a beautiful balanced hybrid or 1:1 THC/CBD, like the hybrid 1:1 Sour Tsunami.* Enjoy!
- Consume using your favorite method. Smoking or vaping will help turn your attention to your breath.
- Find your space, whatever feels like a comfortable place to just be.
- Sit comfortably and take your final inhale/exhale of cannabis. (Spine straight, hips under ribs, tailbone tucked slightly.)
- Begin a slow, yet comfortable breath: inhale 4 counts… exhale 8 counts…
- Relax your jaw, relax your eyes, your cheeks, and your ears. Let go and allow yourself to sink into the Earth.
- Notice sensations and warmth flowing through your body as your breathe.
- Inhale and unify your mind and body. Exhale and become one with the air and space.
*Lemon Skunk and Sour Tsunami mentioned in this blog are available at 1136 Yuma, Denver, CO.